This popular publication has been updated to support schools with their preparation for the 2019 Inspection Schedule. As well as the materials in the handbook, schools can download a wide range of documents to support their preparation - including a PowerPoint presentation for staff and governors / trustees outlining the changes to the schedule.
The publication covers :
- the framework
- curriculum expectations (high-level, deep dive and bringing it together)
- how quality will be judged
- revised expectations of leadership
- myths about inspections
- progress since last inspection - using ASP
- the importance of work scrutiny and visits to lessons
- lesson observations : a revised approach
- the role and effectiveness of governance
- how is well-being assessed ?
- how will the GDPR implementation be assessed ?
- how will Analyse be used to judge performance
(especially as it now covers a three year period of the new test arrangements)
- how can we use Analyse to identify issues in preparation ?
- what are the changes in relation to assessment expectations ?
- how can we demonstrate that we have developed a relevant and beneficial
curriculum that reflects our local needs ?
- key performance indicators for revised inspection grades
and much more ...