The DfE says that "From June 2020, all pupils at the end of year 4 in England will take an online multiplication tables check (MTC). The national curriculum specifies that pupils at this stage should be able to recall the multiplication tables up to and including 12x12. The check aims to support pupils to master multiplication skills, which are essential for future success in mathematics. It will help to identify pupils who have not yet mastered this mathematical concept, so additional support can be provided."
We will look at :
- what to expect from the tests - how it will run, the
- preparing for the tests : how best ?
- considering undertaking the optional 2019 test : pros
- how the data will be used
- how will ASP include Y4 tests in the future ?
- how will inspections use the data ?
- what we know from the pilot tests
- what research tells us about the best way to learn and
remember multiplication tables
The Pack Also Contains :
1. Practice and Consolidation Activities For Pupils In Year 4 - worksheets, puzzles, games and more ...
2. An analysis tool to use for evaluating strengths and weaknesses in teaching tables
3. Information for parents about the new tests and how they can help support their child in them