Providing simple to follow and easy to understand guidance to primary schools.
The BIG Gold Primary Inspection Handbook - 2019 Edition
This popular publication has been updated to support schools with their preparation for the 2019 Inspection Schedule. As well as the materials in the handbook, schools can download a wide range of documents to support their preparation - including a PowerPoint presentation for staff and governors / trustees outlining the changes to the schedule.
The publication covers :
- the framework
- curriculum expectations (high-level, deep dive and bringing it together)
- how quality will be judged
- revised expectations of leadership
- myths about inspections
- progress since last inspection - using ASP
- the importance of work scrutiny and visits to lessons
- lesson observations : a revised approach
- the role and effectiveness of governance
Plus ... - how is well-being assessed ? - how will the GDPR implementation be assessed ? - how will Analyse be used to judge performance (especially as it now covers a three year period of the new test arrangements) - how can we use Analyse to identify issues in preparation ? - what are the changes in relation to assessment expectations ? - how can we demonstrate that we have developed a relevant and beneficial curriculum that reflects our local needs ? - key performance indicators for revised inspection grades
School Inspection Simple Handbook 2019 - Pack of 10
Our newly written 'Simple Handbook' has been produced with teachers and governors in mind. It outlines the revised inspection process and helps them identify the key changes, as well as the differing focus to previous schedules.
The publication is in A5 format, with 24 pages and comes in packs of 10.
Content includes :
- the revised inspection schedule (key changes) - what is a quality curriculum ? - the new judgements - how is well-being assessed ? - how will the changes affect us ? - how will the GDPR implementation be assessed ? - what impact could it have on your inspection grading ? - how will Analyse be used to judge performance (especially as it now covers a three year period of the new test arrangements) - how can we use Analyse to identify issues in preparation ? - what are the changes in relation to assessment expectations ? how will we fare against them ? - how will our curriculum be judged ? how can we demonstrate that we have developed a relevant and beneficial curriculum that reflects our local needs ? - getting ready for the next inspection - the changing expectations of Governors - key performance indicators for revised inspection grades
Your Curriculum : Meeting Expectations PLUS - NEW SUPPLEMENT
Our completely revised publication, ‘Your Curriculum : Meeting Expectations (Designing and Reviewing Your Curriculum)’ will help your school prepare for this new ‘requirement’ from OFSTED.
NOW INCLUDES SUPPLEMENT (Covering International Perspectives, Developing School Values Creative ? Skills Based ? Which Curriculum ?, Planning or Designing A Curriculum ?, Community, Parent and Pupil Engagement - Whose Curriculum?)
Themes included are :
How has the school balanced high standards with
How has the school responded to local issues in it’s curriculum ?
How is progression tracked in ALL subjects ?
Does the curriculum promote social mobility ?
Is SMSC and British Values an integral part of the curriculum (woven into) rather than simply ‘ an add on’ ?
How is personal development planned ?
How is the curriculum been personalised ?
How has technology been 'woven into' your provision ?